There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. ~Author Unknown
Coffee is the best thing to douse the sunrise with. ~Drew Sirtors
Chicken Breasts with Tangerine Salsa
Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded flat with a mallet
4 tangerines, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup tangerine juice
Directions
In a small bowl mix together tangerines, tomatoes, onion, basil, cilantro, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, lime juice and jalapeno pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides; remove to plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Add tangerine juice to skillet and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, scraping up any browned bits. To serve, place a chicken breast on a serving plate, drizzle with tangerine juice and top with dollops of salsa.
It's a beautiful morning....I'm going outside to sip on some java...enjoy your day!
Oh I am sure that recipe is awesome. It reminds me of a chicken recipe that Long Horn steak house has here. It has tomato salsa on it. It is really good. Less fattening than the other dishes for sure. We love to cook here at our house too. Have a good Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI hope you got to enjoy the scenery at the waterfront this morning. It's been so nice here also. It's gave me spring fever. I have the doors & windows open right now. I love it!
ReplyDeletethat looks tastey
ReplyDeleteyummy with the chicken recipe; since we are dieting and doing low carb, we could make this just fine; thanks!
ReplyDeleteglad it is a beautiful day there! I know you are enjoying it :)
betty
I love the sayings ! The recipe looks really yummy, too !
ReplyDeleteLynda, Kilimanjaro, East Africa
Hi..been a while since I stopped by .. but you are so upbeat in your blogging...and "curling" was my favorite event too...it didn't seem to have the pressure other events did...more relaxing to watch..God Bless and happy day from Ora in KY....
ReplyDelete