It becomes so bothersome to a plan meal, after meal, after meal. You know what I'm talking about. This is something long ago I should have become bad at. Cooking, baking all of it. These women whom we call lazy, stupid, dump blonde have the whole enchiladas filled out. They are so smart. Why cook or plan a bazillion meals in your lifetime?? You simply ruin a meal here or there, become the worse cook you possibly can, Wa-lah so intelligent, brilliant.
Our yearly calendar provides us with a little help. We begin with Black eyed peas, proceed by Valentine meals, St Patrick's, skipping to July 4th, on thru October fest, Thanksgiving, finishing the year with Christmas. A handful of ideas really. There are 365 days. Who makes 365 meals?? A girls needs a break. Of course we get our "restaurant" special occasions meals. Some break? I would celebrate my birthday everyday, but who has the money for that????
On occasion I have made monthly meal plans. This helps with grocery shopping, using your coupons too. Maybe this will help some of you as well, you can click on the link: Menu planner grocery list provided by free printable grocery list.com. Which I want thank whom ever made this pdf, and web page. You can find other grocery lists to print if you don't like the planner list I provided.
On Facebook I follow Mommy's kitchen. This blogger came up with a list of ideas or menu. Jan meal plan I haven't tried any of the recipes, but it sure gave me some ideas to plan a few meals during the month, really that's all I'm looking for is ideas. I sure do become unglued on Hubby when I ask him what he would like for dinner, and he reply's with "I don't know hun, whatever you make will taste great"....This is how he suckered me in the beginning of our 30"+ years together. It may take me a while, but boy when I figure something out....lol
'Wishing' you happy meal planning......


Now that it is just the two of us again, I have to revamp our meal plan but when son was living with us, my basic plan was every other day chicken and beef, alternating (but I'm thinking you don't eat meat?) I belonged to lots of recipe sites, would print out things I think would work and then thge night before we went grocery shopping I would pick recipes, make my menu plan, and shopping list. It took about 20 minutes to do that. Now that it is just the two of us, we are eating a bit different, more healthier so I'll concentrate on that when I start making the shopping list this week :)
ReplyDeleteIt can get tedious for sure. I try not to get into ruts and would date the recipe when I made it so I would make sure not to make it too soon again.
betty
I am not easily bored with food. I enjoy eating too much. Anything that is tasty. Around here I do chicken and soup. She does fish stew, then salmon patties, beanes and cabbage. Week after week and i'm ok with that. I admire it, but I could never fix a big variety of foods (Just shopping for it would bug me!)
ReplyDeleteMy brother who was brilliant (like the ones yo mentioned mess up a few and no one looks for more of better) always says of sister and I, you must learnd to say, I don't know how to to that, he said it solves a lot of problems. He was probably right! (smile)
UGH, I know exactly what you mean!! It's never ending!! I sure wish my hubby enjoyed cooking like his brother!! That would be WONDERFUL!! His brother does the majority of their cooking and cleaning!! My sis-in-law is so BLESSED!!! Why didn't hubby get some of that?????
ReplyDelete