| Dorel Golf Resort |
I'm so anxious. The only way to solve my anxiety is the beach. Well, maybe a resort spa. I have ideas of living the million dollar lifestyle. It's the funding for my ideas that are troublesome.
Winning Publisher Clearing House 5k a week would solve the lack of funds. Hiring an assistant would be a top priority. Their responsibility make the necessary arrangements for us to visit golf resorts in Fl. This would occupy the men. Follow up with arrangements for me to visit the near by beaches at these resorts. Aww, now that's living. At least for a few months. I haven't thought of any long term goals.
I suppose I would build the dream house. Nothing overly large, not my idea of dream. New would be a dream. Furniture, bedding, accessories. Everything. I would have no problem tossing 99% of our stuff. Knick-knacks, family photos would be about all I would keep. Maybe the few antiques, not that they have a monetary value. They're family hand-me-downs, so I must keep them for the sake of fond memories. My dream home is traditional style with the wrap around porch. A splash of rustic/county accessory would work as my theme.
I like the beach, but not the beachy decor, blah! I have never been a fan of starfish, dolphin, sea shells or coral cluttering the area with teal green/peach as the primary colors. Makes me seasick just thinking about it.
I'm not a fan of log cabins either. I know, I can't believe I admitted out loud. Sorry, log cabin lover people. I would travel & stay in log cabin, but to live with all that wood on a daily basis? Nope, not for me. Also, log cabins attract decapitated large game animals as the main decorating accessory. I don't like looking at dead animals, not attractive.
I couldn't live on a boat either. Too confining. Plus, you are a small gnat in a boat relative to the size of an ocean, that includes ships. Naw, tis lady is a lover of ye land ... arrr...
A modern home is so cold, sterile. Architects, Doctors like sterile environments. The decorating people of TV always make a big production, about the clean lines. They also like stainless steel appliances. I hate stainless steel. Sure it looks good in a magazine, but to live with it. Ugh, the fingerprints would drive me batty. They love the extra large glass door enclosure for the shower too. Try cleaning that booger after you've had a shower! Can you imagine the water marks. Speaking of decorating shows why do they brag about granite counter tops?
My anxiety is beginning to build....yep, I need a beach day.

I hope you get a beach day soon and the weather is "picture perfect" for it. Hubby before he went back to full time employment would enter the Publisher Clearing House contests; someone has to win them, right?
ReplyDeletebetty
Amazing how Granite has taken off. I am glad I wasn't faced with that as a builder. YOu keyed a thought as you were dreaming, The Henry Ford in Michigan has a Stainless steel house. It was planned for mass production after WWII to help with the housing shortage after the war. It didn't materialize, I'm sorta glad.
ReplyDeleteThe log cabin though, I could live in one way back in the mountains, at least I think I can.
Love the salt air, and as I told my last skipper, let me have my wife aboard and I will stay for life. his retort, "Never a woman on a USN war ship!" Shows how much Capt. Hill knew. (smile) Enjoyed the entry good story..... Who knows, it could play out.