![]() |
| T-boi six months |
T-boi got to try his new beard/beanie I made for him. (Cutie) My niece & her hubby took their youth group to Gatlinberg TN for the New Year celebrations. Our niece was grateful for T-boi's hat as the temps were pretty cold, he stayed post toasty in his winter outfit. I had no idea what color to pick, so I find it funny I chose something that matched his winter suit. My sis and her hubby went along to help watch T-boi, I should have made a beard/beanie for my brother -in-law, his FL blood is so thin, he was chilled to the bone.
We got the house put back together, packed up all the Christmas decor. I ran to the grocery store while hubby worked on the outdoor lights. When I arrived home, half the lights were dangling from the eave, ladder was empty, nobody on the roof, my heart sank, because I had that mom feeling something is wrong, I knew when I went inside I would find someone with a broke leg, or bleeding. I paused a moment listening to hear if a ambulance coming towards our home. Just as I was about to enter the house, hubby came out with eldest following close behind. I had correct instincts hubby was stung by a wasp, ran inside to get tweezers and his inhaler. He had a little bump on his leg where the wasp got him, but his breathing was fine. He had a bad reaction when he was a kid, so I was ready to run him to the hospital since we did not have a epi pin handy. His inhaler seem to do the trick, whew. grateful it wasn't as bad as when he was little.
Our weather has been unusually warm. High 70's even some days into the 80's. Muggy too, I don't like that....I'm running the A/C during the day, shut it off and some nights have had to run the heater. ugh. Today is more the typical winter day. Cloudy, cool breeze it's nice to finally just open the windows to get some fresh air.
Still dealing with my RA rash. The Dr office was closed for New Year holiday week. I did reach them today, the nurse was able to call the pharmacy and order a steroid pack for me. I'm so happy. I look as if I've gotten the measles with some many swollen red spots. I have had plenty of pain meds to keep me somewhat sane through this whole ordeal. I'm afraid I might have scaring, which will effect my ego, will now replace my summer gear to cover up wraps. Which will require a shopping spree for new wardrobe, so it might not be a bad thing yet...lol
On a sad note, the lovely man that gave us his wife's sewing machine before they moved, has passed away. We only knew him brief amount of time. He was a stickler with regards to his yard. It showed too, so pretty. We found out he was 94. Took care of his wife too, she has Alzheimer. His son battled with him, for years to move to an assisted care facility. I wonder if that what made his life end so quickly. He was so happy managing his yard, but 94 is a bit old to manager an ailing spouse, and home too. Rest in peace Harold.

That is sad about your neighbor, Cindi. But 94 is a long life to live, but I know he will be missed by family and friends. Ouch with your husband and the wasp sting; glad it wasn't worse than it was. I hope the steroids help your rash to settle down a bit.
ReplyDeletebetty