It's the Holiday season.....



Waking up to chilly mornings, Ahhh the change of season is so minimal in the land of tropics.  I love it.  Just enough nip in the cool morning air to give your body a little jolt awaking the senses.   Though each time we get a slow moving cold front, my RA says hello.  Every time I wonder why my aches/pains are stronger, lasting longer than the last.  Then when the front moves on I have an ah-ha moment.  Such is the case today.  The past 2 days were miserable, but grateful today I'm feeling better.  



Hubby finish stringing the lights around the dock. They make it so pretty.  I might be tacky enough to keep them year around.  We have our Christmas shopping done.  All the cards have been mailed out.  I need to complete wrapping.  I'm very early this year, but living with a disease that will change your daily habits, I've learned to get it done when capable, not when everyone else is doing things.

All the kittehs are enjoying the Christmas tree.  They are also partying around the house at night when all hoomans are sleeping.  I awake each morning to find an ornament or two on the floor.  Today the battery operated candles I have displayed in our front window were knocked down, and the angel in the Nativity set took a spill as well.  lol Oh, such joy.
Mercedes (background) & Bentley
 I took this picture mainly to get a shot of Bentley.  His very camera shy. So to see him cuddling out in the open I had to jump on the opportunity.  Usually he is under our bed sleeping.  I blame him mostly for the ornaments being knocked off the tree.  He bats at them more than the others.
Sylvester
Here's Sylvester wearing the antlers hat.  He's not too pleased, but I can get him to do anything for the entertainment.  I'm the only one he will not fuss at, anyone else he'll give them what for.  lol

Stella

Finally Stella wearing her winter cap.  Po-boi holding her, why she was somewhat tolerant of the portrait.  She's such a character.  We still need to keep Mercedes and Stella separate.  If Mercedes had her way she would rip Stella's heart out of her chest.  Stella understands this clearly, thus her trust issues when we bring her out of HER room.  Each morning after she's had her breakfast, I bring Stella out to the lanai.  Let her enjoy the day away from Mercedes.  Stella usually growls, fussing as I carry her.  I remind her I've got this under control, she stares back at me with a glaring a reply: You better hoomans! ftts, ftts.    lol

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA love the understanding of you and the pets there. I had hoped Stella would be more accepted by now. (sigh) (smile, too).

    We were fortunate to have a pier on Lake Dora once, and I know the feeling about the lights, maybe all year?. Yeah because they are very pretty reflecting etc.

    Love from the Wildwood area this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be cool to leave the lights up all year round!! Too cute with the cats wanting to rearrange your Christmas tree ornaments :)

    I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.