I crocheted this Minion/Capt America afghan for a buddy of Po-boi. He will be receiving it as a Christmas present. Just big enough to snuggle.
This was my 1st attempt at a Graphghan. I had to create the pattern, so that was a bit of a challenge. There are a couple of websites that convert your jpg file to a graph. I made my best guess on the size. I'm marking this project as beginners luck, very pleased on the outcome. I have been crocheting for 35-40 yrs. Generally I shy away from Afghans. They are so time consuming, and the A/C must be running on full blast when working of them. The weight of a blanket while living in Fl....Oy! I like quick projects. Not necessarily easy projects. I have to change the stitching up, otherwise I get bored. For years I would only work with the fine thread material. Doilies, coasters, or wooden clothespin Angels.
These angels area at least 10-15 years old. I think I made 20 or so, attached them to Christmas gifts for family/friends. I also made our Christmas tree skirt. Five panels of snowflakes. It's really pretty. I'm surprised it's still intact.
For years Gma would make the scrubby pads you use to clean your dishes. She would buy yards and yards of nylon netting. Whip out tons of them at a time. As she aged, the family started requesting them from me. Which I'm reminded I haven't made any for a while, I better put nylon netting on my shopping list. That material is awful to work with, so abrasive, wonderful for scrubbing pots/pans.
I found an organization that collects scarves for our troops. After the holidays I will be making some to send for our troops. I heard of the project through Home/Family on the Hallmark channel. You can find other ways to donate. Here's the link if you're interested.
This was a fun project. The online crochet group I joined, had this in last year's Christmas challenge. Now our front door jingle bells when you open/close.
Wishing you the best with your Holiday Projects.....Fa la la la la la





Good stuff, you are an artist. I admire the talent of embroidering and Crocheting. You have done some neat things here. They look hard to me!!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB!!! I love the tree skirt!!!
ReplyDeleteMy sister would crochet afghans; I still have one that I use on those cold nights; so warm! You are so creative with what you do!
ReplyDeletebetty