Setting the traps...



  I've been donning my pesticide hat lately.  Rainy season is upon us, thus bringing the ants inside.  Oh, the joys of lake livin!   I called the local pesticide company requesting they come earlier than the regular quarterly schedule to spray the outside. Come to find out they overlooked our previous routine appt 2 weeks ago.  No wonder Ive got a problem, but all is well no worries.  We have 5 large trees surrounding the property, ants love trees.  So, I have gone around room to room spraying away, now the little critters are popping up in the oddest places.  I had hubby run out last night a buy the inventory of ant traps...lol  Ok, maybe just 3 boxes.  LOl  The pesticide company arrived yesterday, spraying away.  What a sight  for sore eyes,  I was very happy to see him.  

I ran a few errands yesterday....freedom!!!  We are a one car family now, so hubby usually has the vehicle.  Unless I get up early take him to work. I get the car. He also does not work the weekends, so if I want I can usually do my stuff on Sat or Sun.   Since, I no longer am able to work I am fine "stuck" at home.  Since Oct I can count less than a dozen times Ive actually used the car.  Arthritis has settled in my hands, making it difficult to grip the steering wheel. At first, I thought ...Whoa, I will be giving up a lot of my free time.  I won't be able to do this or that...but with all things you just adjust.  Now, I look forward to when hubby gets off work, to run our errands together.  Plus, it's kinda nice not driving.    Yesterday was one of the rare moments that I drove around town during a workweek.  I had lunch a Panera.  Oh, my word I luv the Poppy seed Strawberry salad.  So, much so I made a fruit salad last night, ate some more fruit this morning.

 I still didnt make it to the library, so I need to get that checked off my list.  Our old acct will soon expire.  I recently downloaded a ebook to my Nook.   Fannie Flagg's - All girl filling station last reunion. 
I luv Fannie Flagg.  She is a favorite author.  I would recommend any of her books.  

Time to get the traps set....grr   lol




6 comments:

  1. We lived on lake Dora once, Sherry spent a lot of time with spiders & webs. Ants are determined creatures, must admire their resourcefulness. Take care and hope you can keep Auth(er) under control.

    Love from lancaster, PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a book of Fannie Flagg's; for the life of me I can't remember the name of it, but I did like it. Oh gosh with the ants; don't send any my way! We haven't had any in a few years which I'm relieved about! Hope you get the problem under control :) I actually like not driving and rarely drive unless I'm taking Koda for a walk :)

    (we don't walk in the neighborhood, its too busy of a street :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great how libraries have kept up with the times? I download audio books to my phone, and listen to stories as I do my chores. It makes them go so much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv that idea...I will try it. Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ants are dreadful little buggers!! I enjoy alone time to do errands from time to time, but we usually do them together as well! Like you, I like not having to drive!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big Fannie Flagg fan ...ever since 'the red headed girl from Opp, AL' (my hometown) in Daisy Fay...ha. Have a great rest of week! Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.