Day trip....


 We were a lil anxious, Po-boi wanted to put some miles on his new ride.  So we took a day trip to the east coast.  We traveled all the way down to South Beach which is Miami.




I loved this architectural display.  This is the entrance at the Convention Center, these might be bougainvilleas, but not sure.  I thought it was so unusual I had to share.  We traveled around a bit, before hitting the beach.  I was in such awe of the homes, and yachts I didnt snap any of those pics.  People are wealthy folks, just so you know. OMGosh, some of the yachts were bigger than our 1800 sq ft home.  These were private too, not the commercial ones, we saw those as well.  "Wishing" now I took a pic or two.  South Beach also hosts the Cruise ships, a couple were docked.  Probably getting ready to set sail later in the evening, but most were out to sea.
South Beach
Hubby and I have been to South Beach before, but Po-boi wanted to know what the hype is all about.  If you want the true experience, I would go on a Saturday afternoon such as we did. The time before was during the workweek.  Little less crowded, but it's still South Beach.  When we arrived the local Synagogue had ended their worship.  The people dressed so sharply.  Women and little girls wearing such pretty dresses, while the boys and men in their best suits sporting their yamakas. All were walking back to their homes, too cute.

The beach itself is wide, beautiful white powdered sand. Before the beach is the boardwalk.  Pretty palm trees,  green grass, plenty of volleyball courts, workout stations. Ocean Drive is full of art deco type hotels all with tiny cafes outside their door fronts.  Seating varies from three to 8 tables. Bumper to bumper traffic all fighting for the "best" place to park.  Everyone is honking their horn, either to get traffic to move along, or to alert of a cute girl walking by.  There were plenty of those.  The difficult part of South Beach are the beautiful girls.  It's hard to distinguish which is a lady for the taking, and whom is there to enjoy the beach for the day.  The menfolk as well.  The attire is optional on the beach itself, but streetsides it's held to a minimum.  We saw things...Oi!

Dash South Beach
Collins Ave is the Rodeo Drive of Miami.  Po-boi just got contacts the day before, so we had to find him a pair of sunglasses.  As we were walking by, I snapped a quick picture of DASH.  The Kardashian girls place of business.  I had never seen a store before, so I thought I would take a quick pic.  lol  Mind you I would never thought my blog would have their family in it...but hey...

 South Beach a place I would recommend, IF you want to see the hype.  It has the wealthiest/ poorest living side by side.  The sidewalks reek of urine, vomit and stale water.  You need to get in the ocean just to feel clean.  If you can find a place on the beach.  I know we will never stay at ANY hotel on Ocean Dr.  They may very well be clean, well taken care of rooms.  It's the thought of what walks around outside.  

Eldest

Po boi
The boys got an eyeful at South Beach. You like Po boi new sun glasses...lol  I have to laugh, because to the local South Beach "goer", we must of looked like the Waltons or something.  We were definitely out of place. lol  It's a great reminder of how the different cultures meld, and get along for one goal.  The enjoyment of the beach. Even tho there is a dark seedy side, it's out in the open.  I imagine NYC is the same.

Riviera Beach
 After South Beach, we tootled (is that right??) up the road a bit to Riviera Beach.  Typical beach community.  More my style.  The beach itself was red, sandy soil.  A mixture of tiny bits of coral and shells.  Crystal clean, warm waters.    The Atlantic ocean was perfect.  Could not ask for a better day.

We arrived at a shopping center.  Plenty of parking, various shops, beach knick knacks, little mom/pop restaurants.  Behind the center a tree lined grassy area, walk ways leading you to wood canopy types of bungalows you can reserve for your family to bbq, picnic have a fun at the beach.
Just past the picnic area was the washing stations, then this beautiful sight.
Riviera Beach

Riviera Beach

Riviera Beach
I mentioned to the menfolk later.  I will have to start keeping a record of the beaches we have been to in the state of FL.  East coast vs West coast, both have their separate beauty.  I love finding the hidden gems, the places no one goes.  Let South Beach have all the hype, but if I want a fun, clean family environment.  I'm going to Riviera Beach.

Funny side story.  When we finally arrived home.  Everyone was fighting for the showers.  We all needed to get the filth feeling of South Beach off us, but we didn't know everyone had the same feeling.


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour. Love the Florida beaches both coasts. Florida is a great state, a little too HOT in the Summer we head North to follow Spring. Actually cannot wait to get back, I enjoy it.

    I need to proof before I click. One day I will learn (not).

    Love from New York where it is cool in the Catskills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounded like an interesting adventure. Probably will never make it down in that area so thanks for sharing your day trip with us Cindi :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't ever make it there either! So, thank you for sharing and all the information about the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the tour and the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Riviera Beach sounds more my style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing that. I always wondered what this area was like. Never heard of Dash but I quit "keeping up with the Cardashians". Katy used to watch their show. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.