Coconut pie recipe...

Converse high top slippers
I crocheted some slippers for Po boi.  Ive made plenty of these as baby booties, but never attempted the adult size.  Its a very quick easy pattern.  Im the type of crocheter, that I need the time to do a project.  I don't want to "feel" pressure or an obligation to get something done.  This took less that 10 hrs total to make.  I didn't finish them for a month or so.  Currently Im working on a granny square Christmas tree skirt.  About halfway thru the project, I changed my mind, now I making it an Afghan. I found another Christmas tree skirt I wanted to make.   I looked into providing blankets & booties to nonprofits or hospitals, but alas I have cats so I can not give my stuff to them.  Very understandable really, I would hate to give a child an allergic reaction to a blanket I made.  
I will check with some local churches, they might not mind I have cats.  Will see.  Again, it's the time frame/obligation thing...no pressure Im not a production shop...lol

Coconut custard Pie

 Here's the recipe for the Coconut Custard Pie (Impossible Pie).  It's referred to as Impossible, because it makes it's own crust.  If you like the flavors of rice pudding, you will luv this pie. 

Preheat oven 350.  Grease & flour pie dish.
Ingredients:
      2c milk
      1c shredded coconut
      4 eggs
      1 tsp vanilla
      1/2c flour
      1 stick butter (soften) 
     3/4 c sugar
     1/4 tsp nutmeg

In a bowl blend:  coconut, eggs, vanilla, butter, sugar together.  Add flour mix thoroughly.  Add Milk slowly to mixture, blend all together.

Pour mixture into a greased & flour pie dish.  Sprinkle nutmeg on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.

Serve warm, but needs to be stored in refrigerator.  
      



5 comments:

  1. Love the booties!! So cute!! Oh my goodness, that pie looks and sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sneaker booties are so cute! Its amazing to think that the dander or whatever from the cats could get on the yarn, but I guess those places have their rules. Maybe a homeless shelter? If not, maybe blankets for animal rescue?

    Pie looks delicious!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the blanket/booties got washed, wouldn't that remove the cat stuff?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still can be in fiber.guess just safe than sorry, but like u said shelters...church groups, some charities r not as strict as "hospital" sterile type enironments

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, those converse high tops are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.