
Seems as tho we have been down this road once (twice, thrice) before... Po-boi landed himself an internship at his old University. He will now be among us tax paying citizens, supporting himself in a real live apartment, working 7 days a week 2 part-time gigs as well as the Intern job, he will probably feel as tho he never has enough money to feed himself or do anything, but will enjoy every minute of it. Ya'll remember the g'friend Lil-bit... she's ecstatic to say the least. We (hubby & I) will be learning the next stage of life...the "cut-off"....Oh how I dread this phase. We know he must fly on his own, and we do need to respect he's privacy. When he was C-boi, we still had some control, but now we'll be "advising" if asked more so than guiding...Ugh makes me sad, but we'll muddle thru. Let the excitement begin...
Today we are getting the Christmas stuff down, we have always set separate trees, Po-boi has some ornaments, so we'll have to repack these for his trip. You can see the sadness in our eyes, he is realizing that we will not be together this year for Christmas , but one must move on when moving out....I'm extremely sad too. Our lives are taking a turn....
This is one of those times I'm not "Wishing" for......
This will be a wonderful time. Smile, life is good and the MERRY go round doesn't really stop, it just slows down, then speeds up.
ReplyDeleteIt is a good time for all, some say moving up, on or out. What an adventure. Ours has past.
Love from near Lancaster, Pennsylvania for a few more days. Hope to see Jonah (the play!) while here.
Well congrats to C-Boi! That is neat for him; I'm sure he is excited about it all, but I do understand Cindi. Who knows? It may not all work out and he'll be back home..........But you are right; it is a new chapter, and it is hard not to want to step in and know all that is going on and merely waiting to advise when asked (and they never seem to ask, LOL, of course we did the same too :)
ReplyDeleteThink of some new traditions for you/hubby/eldest to do this Christmas since C-Boi won't be home (but who knows what could happen in the next five months) so that you'll have something to look forward to!
betty
Hugs to you my friend !! I'm sure it will be hard but I know you will adjust just fine. Who knows.....when he sees life on the other side he might be more open to your advice. We all know it's not as easy as we thought it would be when starting out on our own!
ReplyDelete