I'm so happy my "boys" da STEELERS won their game. I did watch the game. Whew, glad that's over, now for 1 more game then I may relax. lol
Work has been hectic. A few people have taken their remaining vacations before they lose them...Also, 2 people are gone due to the births of their children, and 1 person gone due to health issues...So we have been operating on a skeleton crew. I'm exhausted. I for the last few years have taken work so seriously. I finally broke down last week, with scheduling issues, lunch & break issues, computer issues and Joe Public mixed in for good measure. I had no Calgon to whisk me away. I no longer smoke, and was pondering Why???? I gave it up...lol My RA rose it's ugly head, reminding me to not stress so much. To stop taking everything so seriously at work, just enjoy the moments I have, deal with them the best I can, improvement is always an option on the table, perfection does not exist on earth.
To add insult to injury the "Powers" that be selected a young, inexperienced, 4 month pregnant women to be mid-manager such as myself. She is still asking me simple routine questions, involving her daily tasks. She has never managed anyone or anything for that matter. I told our manager I don't have the energy, time or patience to train her. My manager attempted to make me feel better, saying "we" will make it thru together, that there are other duties she has elected for me to do. I told her if it consisted of babysitting I'm not interested. She selected this person, based on her inexperience . She will have to learn the ropes without me. I will support or encourage her, but I can not "tell" someone how to manage. We manage 14 - 16 people on a daily basis, they have heard the news. They are NOT NOT happy. They are going to chew this girl up, and spit her out. All they're thinking right now, is this girl was a part time worker, whom has been with this company 1 year and now has been selected to be their boss . She has so little experience with the day to day routines, and she will be directing these veterans how to improve their job skills. They all know not to come to me and discuss "politics", just show up do your job to the best of your abilities, and leave me out of the extra junk you all discuss. This is not going to pass unnoticed by the at least 4 of them I can guarantee it.
And I was nervous watching a football game....Huh!
I hate dealing with al the politics too. I just want to go in do MY JOB & be left alone! Grrrrr
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your boys!