The above pic is from a Bougainvillea taken a few years ago. I luv the bright colors. My favorite is the Gardenia, they smell heavenly.
With the menfolk sprucing up the yard, a few creatures had come out of their homes to find out what all the ruckus was occurring. Hubby shown here is holding a little lizard with part of his tail missing.
The little guy wasn't afraid at all. Immediately after snapping the pic he hopped up onto his shoulder. I high tailed it inside screaming like a banshee. lol
I'm trying to be Stellas best buddy. I need to revisit this issue. She displays all kinds of affection with the menfolk. The guys receive sweet meows, followed with minimal hissing. On occasion I receive a quick sarcastic hello, usually followed with a hiss. More often than not I receive a hiss with a look that says stay the heck away. I had an opportunity to show hubby what I was talking about with Stella loving him more than myself. She wanted to go outside, and started to rub against hubby, sweet meows pleading her case. Hubby walks away, and I walk over near the door. I wanted her to rub me, and plea her case. Which for a moment she did, then growled, hissed walked away. I knew what she was thinking, thus proving my case to hubby. A few minutes go by, the guys are inside eating lunch, I go out to the lanai, alone with Stella. I walk over near the door, maybe I think to myself, just maybe she'll ask me nicely when hubby isn't near. Behold she is proving my theory to be true. She comes over sweetly pleads her case, I fall weak in the knees, throw open the door....EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK.

The above picture was provided by the web.
EEEEEEE KKKKKKKK I continue....less than a foot away, a 5ft black racer snake. Stella goes in for a closer look, I hop up & down, EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK I continue. It runs towards the dock, escaping the frantic human, and killer cat. The snake got away. Stella got to go outside, I hurt my ankle hoping up & down, and I seriously need to rethink why I'm trying so hard to bond with this cat?????

Maybe Stella will come around. OH HECK NO on that snake!! I HATE SNAKES!!!
ReplyDeleteWell if she was a corgi, I would say intice her with food; works any time for corgis. Maybe she relates better to the men folk because they were the ones that rescued her. Maybe don't try to so hard and she'll come around? I'd have to move if I saw a snake outside. I'd never be able to walk outside without always looking this way and that way and carrying a big stick.
ReplyDeletebetty