Hello kitty...

Sharing a story.....

Stella, our newest addition, is smart, savvy, and scared.  Imagine all you wanted was a warm, safe, environment.  Away from the dangers that lurk in every corner.  Another bitter cold night lay ahead. The local bullies in the neighborhood out to rid you from existence.  Your belly is empty....

All I want is one door to open.  Knock knock, Hello anyone home? Silence. Gosh, it's cold out.  Even with this fur coat I feel bone chilling.  I'm not sure I can handle another night.  What a way to start out on my own, abandon from my family.  Tossed to the curb like a piece of trash. Here it comes again, that familiar empty pang.  I'm hungry.  I can't remember the last time I ate. Maybe this next door will open.  Knock knock,  Hello?Anybody?  What kind of life is this? Having to beg for a meal.  Freezing from the below zero temperatures.  I need to refocus. This bitter cold has me wishing for a tropical place. A place far away.  I need to get out of this town.  The local gang has made it well known I'm not wanted. Last night was brutal.  I was lucky to leave the scene with only a few scrapes, and bruises.  Tom, he could be so mean and nasty.  There was no reason for his fury. He just snapped. I wonder if he regrets the mess he caused.  Stop it, stop thinking of him.  He has made your life a living hell Stella. That's why I'm running.  It has only been eight months since I opened my eyes to this world.  Living in the dark abandon alleys and streets.  Your family leaving you alone, no reason.  I tried calling everyone I knew. No answers, just silence.  I will find my family.  I need answers. Approaching another door, I can see a light coming from the cracks of the doorway.  Somebody,  please be inside.  Knock knock, Hello.  I hear the rattle noise of someone unlocking the door.  Could this be the night I finally get a chance?  The door opens slowly, a gush of warm air hits my face.  Tears welling up from the shock of the heat brushing against my eyes.  I look up. He's a young male, with kind blue eyes.  This is it.  The opportunity you've been searching.  No hesitating Stella, just ask.  One night that's all you need.  Hi, my name is Stella. I was wondering, do you have a room I can stay in for the night? It's so bitter cold....

The new gang is about as accepting as the old one. One female, 2 males. The boys I can handle.  The female, well she's another story.  She's a bit older than me, but I can take her, I think.  If they only knew my background.  I've been hanging around this new family a week now.   The female her name is Mercedes.  She thinks she can just barge into my room unannounced.  I gave her full warning not to entry, and when she ignored my calls,  I attacked.  Full blown cat fight.  Neither the victor.  I can see this will take some time.....

(back to reality...)  I love cooking this meal because it's quick/easy.  One of my go to meals.  The guys love this meal.  Probably all the starch I serve with it....lol  Enjoy everyone.
Cranberry meatball
1 c Cranberry sauce                   1 bag frozen Italian meatballs
1 jar Chili sauce                          1 - 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp Garlic salt                      1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 TBSP  Minced dry onion

Preheat oven 350.  Coat casserole dish with non-stick spray.  Place frozen meatballs in dish.  Mix remaining ingredients.  Pour over top of meatballs.  Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, until meatballs are fully hot & bubbly sauce.

       





3 comments:

  1. I love a story teller. What a great imagination. I imagine Stella will become just a part fo the family. Amazing how life has these twists and turns...
    the meal sounds good. Tonight I am fixing pressured Chicken, rice and Green beans. Tomorrow Sherry fixes Pinto Beans., salmon and cornbread.

    From Wildwood (for another week) Sherry & jack..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe does sound delicious and easy to prepare! My type to make. I am glad Stella did find a home with you guys, I'm sure it is hard to be a stray, though we seem to have a family of them here in our neighborhood who look very healthy, so someone is feeding them (not us)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Stella found you all!! She's a very lucky kitty!! Yum! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.