With the broken engagement Po-boi (cuz he's flat broke not cuz Poor him) is living with us again........Oi vey! He has been away from home living on his own for a while, when we moved him to college, everything he owned fit into the back of his Jeep. Now, to say we are busting at the seams is an understatement....lol This will be a short lived arrangement tho, he has been in touch with a military recruit thus I feel he will be leaving us by the fall. No paperwork yet, so we will see.
Eldest is same old guy, staying busy around the house, helping me out happy as a lark.
Hubby, was called by his employer to transfer closer to his territory. Since we were losing our "forever" home, we packed our bags moved to the middle of nowhere FL. 5 wks later, he was placed on a severance pkg, release from his job. "RE"structuring ....(again) remember this happening to us 5 yrs previous when we first moved here. This 2nd go around, I'm calmer. God has steady my nerves, and I trust completely. There are days I falter, but hey I'm human. I have a network praying for us, thus the nerves being steady. Thank you all, he is listening to your prayers. Hubby has had several interviews, 2 going forward, but no offers proposed at this time. So when we pay all the bills thru the month, we do a little dance, celebrating food in our belly & warm(cool) house to live in....blessed ♥
Me, well let's just say I'm in discussions with my RA. Living with this disease for 18 yrs has taken its toll. I can no longer work, even house work has become a challenge, thus the "discussions" with the disease. I negotiate minimal pain, it answers back with 3 - 4 joint flares. I figure this is a good compromise, rather than dealing with 5 - 8 joint flaring simultaneously. lol
Made this dump cake the other day...I luv how the sweet cake smell coming from the oven. So warm & inviting..recipe below the pic:
This recipe is from one of my all time favorite cookbooks. You know the ones the church group puts out. Everyone listing one or two of there best dishes. So happy I bought this book some 30 yrs ago...
A lady by the name of Linda Blume published this recipe:
1 cn lg crushed pineapple 2 cn apple or cherry pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix 1 c chopped nuts
2 sticks of butter (chilled) 1 c coconut (optional)
In a 9x13 pyrex greased dish, spread the pineapple. Spoon pie filling on top. Sprinkle cake mix on top of that, the nuts & coconut. Top with butter. (I pinch off sections of butter, placing them all around the cake)
Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.
I have also seen the recipe minus the butter, and substitute a lemon/lime soda. Pour 1 can over entire cake mix.
Enjoy with ice cream, or whip cream or solo.


Ahhh the joys of parenthood... The recruiter sounds good. The military was the best thing that ever happened to me. (other than my Sherry!). I have this personal problem. I pray, put in God's hands, then every once in awhile I take it back so I can worry it some more and try to fix it sooner than HE can.
ReplyDeleteYou have our prayers. Love from Wildwood Fl.
Oh yeah, the dump cake. I love it. It is my favortie cake, same reciepe, from a church cook book 30+ yrs ago in NC> Funny that.
ReplyDeleteI would imagine it is hard to have your son back living at home, even though I know you like having him around, but if it is anything like our son living at home, he likes to come and go at his whim and make me worry almost constantly what is up with him :) I hope your son can get into the military, sounds like a good idea! It is good that you are trusting God and it is also good to see the "rewards" of that trust with your bills, food, needs, being met every month.
ReplyDeletebetty
Bless you all!! I know you have had such a rough time!! This too shall pass!! Praying for you all!! Yum the recipe sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete