We arrive at our "swimming" lake to enjoy the day with C-boi & Lil Bit. A unexpected "visitor" shows himself.
This was not, I repeat NOT a small animal. Let me set the stage.
We arrive at a nice picnic/beach area, set up the bbq. Toss a football back/forth. Hubby tells Cboi to watch the grill he's going out on the wave runner...I want to go!!! Hubby is all set, gets on the runner, I meanwhile am searching for the "right" life vest, (the girls were getting in the way Ahem)...ANYWAY, Hubby is idling, as soon as I get the vest on, I turn around to witness Hubby throwing back the throttle on the wave runner....He went out without me......(pause)....HE WENT OUT WITHOUT ME....OH, BOY HE'S IN FOR IT NOW..... After watching him play for several minutes in the water, he comes ashore,...AHEM for get something or SOMEONE?????? He says, he "thought" I changed my mind, cuz it was taking so long to get a vest....I mention the problem with (the girls)..He being the smart man I married made..NO COMMENT!!!
So, we start to enjoy Cboi's bbq of hotdogs & burgers, settle ourselves down at the beach, when out of the corner of my eye I see....
(me) Cboi, what the H is that?
(Cboi without his glasses on) What? Where?
(me) THAT I point, the 10ft thing that is "drifting" into our direction, I know its a Gator.
(Cboi) Ma, that aint a Gator...let me get my glasses, it's a piece of wood....
(me) The H it's not...
(Now I must confess, when in a emergency situation I am the last....LAST person, whom to rely on with any form of wisdom. I panic, I can't think clearly I react, usually utter the first thing that comes to mind....With that being said there is no sane reason I have for my next statement...)
(me) Oh sh**, honey there's a gator in the lake, Get the car keys.....lol
Done laughing yet??? I'll wait.....(Jepardy music)
Ready now?
Ok, yes I admit it was a stupid thing to say. No I didn't realize the Gator preferred to stay at the edge of the lake to scurry past us....I swear I saw him once or twice say, I want that 50ish looking, overweight mama over there, how am I going to eat her, wait she's looking for the car keys, she might get away from me.....lol
Apparently, when Hubby went out without me....he awoke said giant, this disruption was not taking in kind, so the sleeping giant decided to "show" us his presents, and find another resting place....
meanwhile, after lunch we went out on the wave runner, and had a blast!!!!
I know, I know....Oi!
I'm with you! Get the car keys & let's get out of here!
ReplyDeleteglad you did get out on the wave runner and enjoy your time, even after the alligator invaded your party, LOL. It sounds like it was a fun time! Don't worry, I did tell hubby to lock the car door one time when we drove by a coyote......
ReplyDeletebetty