Snake wrangler.....



Why is it when hubby travels out of town I have to do stuff??? ....Like get the dang garter snake off the lanai....hum??

 I tell ya...he wasn't any bigger than a #2 pencil, but he was ornery.  It took me well over an hour to wrangle his little butt out the door...I knew that if I just left a snake on my lanai, there was NO WAY I would be able to fall asleep again...lol   I got the broom to "swoosh" him out the door, the darn snake "attacked" it.

He was curled up in a tight ball, waggin the tip of his tale like he's some kind of Rattler, gappin his mouth wide open to "attacked" my broom, then he would jump away from the broom towards me, the humans....ahhhhhh!!!! 

He then huffs & puffs scurries away, I attempt again, we would repeat...ahhhh!!!!  I know, I know the "POOR" lil thing was scared out of his itty bitty mind, but hey so was I....

After I got him out the door, I came inside to calm my nerves, needed a shot of gin at this point. Contemplated becoming a smoker again.....After I settled down I decided to go retrieve the mail, open my front door....Ahhhhhhh, I jump about a mile in the air, a dang worm was on my front porch, but I thought it was Mr Snake. I slam my door shut, came inside and made myself a Kahlua/milk...I don't care if it was the middle of the day. My nerves were shot...Oi!


2 comments:

  1. Hah, I have noticed that even the harmless snakes can act like the deadliest rattlers in the world when they are defending themselves, too. Good for you for sticking to it and getting him gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did better than I would have done, Cindi! I would have probably moved into a hotel until hubby came back or called 9-1-1!! But there is that law of average if hubby is gone, something will break or need to get fixed like this!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.