and so it goes.....




With my previous post being so low, and feeling alone; I will attempt to lighten the mood a bit.  I blog mainly for memories.  I have kept a journal for years, needing to remember what I felt true in the moment.  I enjoy writing.  I admire authors, especially those who care for multiple characters in the series of books they complete.  I enjoy the stories, but to be more truthful I really enjoy the characters more.  If the author does not gift their characters personality then I usually toss the book aside quickly.  Janet Evanovich not only is humorous, but you really know each of her characters.  When  a great series like Stephanie Plum is made into a movie; I believe most of the population knew it would bomb at the box office simply because of the actors they chose to play each character.  Shonda Rhimes is another writer I enjoy.  I use to watch all her shows; Grey's, Scandal, How to get away with murder...etc.  In my opinion, she's spreading herself too thin, and her characters are suffering.  So I no longer watch as much television, which is not at all a great loss.   I would rather watch a cooking program than what the "industry" calls entertainment.  Sure there are programs I enjoy, but honestly most is too vulgar to sit thru.

Of course to pass along the time I really enjoy crocheting.  My latest creation is this Amigurumi gourd set.



 It's simple stitching, quick, but harder on my hands/fingers to recover.  I want to make Indian corn to bring a variety as well as a bit more color to the arrangement.  I have my eyes on the next project.  These cute scrubbies.  I think I'll add them to a gift basket for my mom.  I love getting different little things for a gift basket.  My plan is to go to my favorite local farm; gather jams, jellies, wine, etc.  Hopefully, I can get these done in time.


Finally, an update on Eldest. Each dialysis day is different.  Sometimes it's easy no issues, other times he's totally wiped out.  Yesterday was a difficult day, but we also had the opportunity to meet the surgeon that will be doing a procedure soon.  We just need to confirm what type of dialysis we want to continue.  We found out another treatment option was done at home dialysis which sounded ideal, but I do not think Eldest would really be as dedicated to the set up at home as with his current setting.  I know hubby & I could handle the set up, but sterilization is primary, we would need to trust Eldest not to get up during the night causing a disruption with the dialysis procedure, and honestly I'm not up for watching him 8 hours each night then sleep thru the day. 

I cancelled the Thanksgiving plans with the extended family members. This is the holiday I usually host, but dialysis rules our home now, and that weeks schedule is going to be super hectic.  I finally learned to say no, it's a bit difficult to not feel bad, but it is a learning process for me.  I know that I'm physically not able to do ALL, but my WANT to do it all is still hollering at me.  




2 comments:

  1. Good that you canceled Thanksgiving plans for this year, wise to do so. I do like what you crocheted, so cute :)

    I have to agree with you; it may be more difficult to go to a dialysis center, but I would rather have someone else in charge of it than having to fall to you or your husband helping to monitor it at home. Less stressful I think :)

    In flipping TV channels last night, hubby came upon the realty show of the couple who buy houses and then flip them. That was fascinating to watch, maybe for us because we are looking into houses, but otherwise I'm like you, I don't watch much TV :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for all you are going through. I don't think you would have much choice but to cancel. Everyone should understand. You gotta do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.