Aw, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. Russel Baker
Gosh, does anyone remember when I would always post Sunday sayings??? Oh, so long ago. Speaking of which, this old computer of mine is going on 8 years now, still operating on Windows Vista. Im now starting to have some issues. Just that it will not take the updates. It works well otherwise. So, when I came home the other day I found Trend Micro did not want to work. I went online to chat with the support guru's, they told me I have about a 8 months to a year, and my operating system will be obsolete. No longer will be supported by Microsoft. Just as they currently have removed support for Windows XP. He told me that the powers that be at Microsoft, gave the users of XP a while to change their OS's before the obliterated it. He doesn't think Microsoft will be as generous to the Vista users. Ugh! I really really, do NOT want to update all my pictures, files etc. I need a computer guru to transfer all my stuff to hubby's computer. He uses Windows 7 OS. I have put some pics on disk, I guess I just need to "spring" clean my doc files....too boring, but necessary. I also have to change how I balance the old checking acct. I use Microsoft Money. Which is no longer available. How do you balance your accts???? The regular way with pen/pencil and statement? Or do you use a software program. I would love to hear your ideas. I have used Microsoft Money forever. Before the XP days when the world was afraid everything would end in 1999, fearing the year 2000. Remember that mess???? Anyhoo, on to another subject...
The guys went out this morning to hit a bucket or two of golf balls. It is SWELTERING hot here in FL. So they were not out very long. I was able to run real quick to the grocery store. Pick up some vittles. lol
I came across this recipe on Pinterest. Sammie Grinder I was able to have it ready before they came home. I altered it a bit. I bought Rye bread pre-sliced and made 4 sammies. I lined my Crockpot with parchment paper, instead of going thru my aluminum foil. I basically use the recipes as ideas, then tweak them to my liking. The menfolk gave the thumbs up. So I know I will be using this again. I love Pinterest, for me it's like looking through magazines. I can like something based on it's picture. Instead of ripping out a page, I just pin it. Brilliant idea Pinterest guru's thank you for developing this site.


Clueless about the computer question, Cindi. That is interesting about Vista not being supported any more, I'll have to see I have on this computer. I know son's laptop died the other week and we tried to see if we could get a recovery disk only to be told it was obsolete. Six years old and obsolete. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI do like Pinterest. I don't spend a lot of time on it, but it is fun to peruse when I have a few extra moments.
betty
Okay, you accomplished your goal, you got sympathy and made me mad too. I would rather be in the dark instead of knowing my system is (or becoming obsolete) hahahahaha
ReplyDeleteAin't it the truth though that these things slip up on you real quiet like a FREIGHT TRAIN.
YOu know it is going to happen, it always has and I am sure it will continue. But I am so hooked on this keyboard and monitor that I will also try to advance, although screaming and clawing. LOL
Very good entry. THANKS I do need to start preparing for the inevitable.
Take care and cool it down, we are in Pennsylvania headed slowly South, We will follow the fall weather. Hope it is cooler by the time we make it back home.
From the Poconos, Jack & Sherry
Isn't it funny how crockpots are "in" again? I still have (and use) my original 70s crockpot!
ReplyDeleteI'm boring, I still use pen and statements to balance. Have a great week! Sheila
ReplyDelete