Smellin cactus...again.........

It's amazes me.  We are literally counting down the days to Cboi's graduation.  Such a pivotal moment.  We are on the brink of no more financial support...could it be true???  really??  I mean, we might just might get to breathe.  Oi!
So he doesn't have a job lined up, tho he has had a few interviews, always a good sign, and we know he will be employed sometime in his life, it's not like he'll be living with us forever...right????  Oi!  lol  all we can do currently is let go, and let God.


Our day to day lives are packed full of "things" to do, but no where on that list do I see STOP and smell the roses, or  daisy's, heck I'd smell a cactus, if I'd make the time to do it.. but, somehow it never seems to get on my "to do" list.  I have got to get to the beach soon, or I'm going to explode.  All I need is an hour, maybe 2 tops.  I think I have asked this before, but I will ask again.  Who were the responsible people deeming it into law, that 40 hours is an appropriate work week?  Couldn't I have earned the money at 20 hours, thus leaving part time people only 10 hours....Really, come on now, who's with me on this theory.  We would have enough time to smell the cactus then, am I right?



2 comments:

  1. Such an accomplishment for you all with CBoi's upcoming graduation! I'm with you about 40 hours (and we are on mandatory overtime so it is 46 hours per week for me I'm working). But its all good; we will find that time to smell those roses!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks, we coulda done it on 20 hours a week (If we hadn't wanted to eat! hahahaha)

    Believe me there does come an empty nest, and yes, you can sure appreciate it. BUT it seems in the past few years there still comes the call, 'Could you let me have a $100, I am a little short.'

    But in reality sometimes it is more!

    (Y'all need a motor home or a TENT!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.