Hello...it's been a while....

 

 

 

I've been super busy with work, and no time for myself...argh!

I hate when that happens, I haven't been able to read my fellow bloggers either!  (double argh!) &  Geez-a-loo!

 

 

Ok, glad I got that out of my system.  Let me see if I can get caught up on the happenings....

 

Eldest - He is in the midst of FOOTBALL season...out of all the sports he loves...and believe me he loves them all...(yes folks even Bowling on the TV with the occasional Ping Pong match thrown in...) he loves football the most tho...College, Pro, flag, tag...you name it..

A typical football Saturday in our home, 2 TV's going, plus listening to his brothers college team via internet radio...I have no idea how it keeps track, but he does...I've learned not to interrupt..  On Sunday's he watches Direct TV NFL Sunday ticket..I refuse to pay for the college games on Saturday, our home would resemble a Hollywood production truck full of monitors watching every imaginable game in the USA...Oi!...anyway, I'm directed to have certain treats available for snacking...ie family room tail gate.  I've been neglecting my responsibility, Oh, I was reprimanded for it too....So today I must go peruse the grocery store....

 

 

Cboi - Can you believe he's in his Junior year of college!!!  Upon reflection, I remember my anxiety about him leaving the roost...Living 12 hours away.  It still stings a little, but not as much as the beginning.  I hated to prepare for certain "life" situations ie...If his car broke down, what would we do...(Well, we survived when his engine caught fire)....If he was sick, does he know what medicines to take, ....(never planned the separated shoulder emergency surgery) but we survived....  The endless list of items to pack for his dorm room....thankfully he didnt care about decor!

He has matured ( I hate that)...he needs us less...it's a good/bad thing...

He's smitten on a girl...We've chatted a couple of times with her on the phone, but have never been formerly introduced....She makes him happy, so we are very happy...that's all you can ask for really...

He'll be home for Christmas, not sure about next summer tho...he's hinting about staying up there...The girlfriend has A LOT to do with that decision...he's not fooling us, about work, internships....blah, blah blah...lol

As for hubby & me....WORK, WORK, WORK...

Hubby - is down 2 people, so it falls upon him to get the physical work done, along with his administrative responsibilities.  One of his full timers got into a car accident, about 3 weeks ago.  The guy is ok...thankfully, but is out of work for a while, saying he has a stiff neck....no comment!

So, hubby has had no days off for the pass 3 weeks ...HR says they are trying to get a temp worker..should be another 2 or 3 days..  He has learned to do most of his paperwork at home, lessening the load a bit...

 

Me, well all I want is this scene below....not sure when I'll get to visit.  I live 15 miles away, but some days it feels as tho I'm a million miles, and will never visit a beach again.....  Got to get it at the top of my bucket list again!

 

2 comments:

  1. it is amazing how they grow up and don't need us as much, isn't it, and we do eventually loosen the apron strings a bit and not worry too much, glad all are doing well and that C-Boi is in "love"; always good for them to have someone who cares deeply for them!!

    do take care of yourself, Cindi!! Try to have a moment or two to yourself down the road somewhere somehow

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds busy at your place. Huggies about C-boi. I know it's hard! You try to find some time for you to take that drive to the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.