Give your stress wings and let it fly away. Terri Guillemets
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. Doug Larson
We will be celebrating "Eldest" birthday tomorrow...Our lil fella will be 25....where in the heck did the time go??? lol
We have planned a competitive bowling match....watch out "Eldest" is bringing his flaming bowling shoes...he'll be ready to take care of business.....lol
We'll have a bbq after, I'm going to the store today to pick up the various fruits needed in the recipe that I have shared for today. As you can tell I love love love fruit...I seem to share a lot of these types of recipes....We have never had this Piña Colada Salad, so I thought what better time to try it out...
The week has flown by (as usual) relatively stress free...In the next few weeks we'll be adding to our calendar...Hubby will be going in for a Colonoscopy exam...he's made arrangements for a stress test as well...see how the old ticker is doing...and a follow up with the primary doc...praying all is going well for him...he's not complaining of anything, (he wouldn't either)...just the normal medical exams of a fifty year old....
Part of me wants to say....no if you don't know anything, but that is fear talking...we'll just keep with positive thoughts & prayers.... In between these appointments are fathers day & his birthday....he will be receiving an abundant amount of attention this month...lol
The critters are driving me nuts. Bentley demanded attention yesterday morning....I went to bed very late (2am) Fri night...so when Bentley came into our room early ( 6am ) Sat morning meowing excessive, demanding food & attention...he was this close to finding another place to live...tho his life itself was in question too....(lol)...I gathered him up, toss him out of the lanai...said fend for yourself...went back to bed...felt bad about 15 minutes later let him back in gave him food, told him not to bother me again for the rest of his life...if he valued it....He has left me alone oddly enough....lol
Mercedes....she keeps taking one of my slipper socks...I keep a pair near my bed in case my toes gets chilly...she has a fetish for one of the pair...grabs it and off she goes, I have to roam around the house finding the missing pair every other morning it seems....Oi
Sylvester is bouncing off the walls literally....for some reason this is his form of entertainment... he makes funny lil noises, swishes his tail back /forth...the bammo, bouncing off the walls for a couple minutes, then lays back in his bed exhausted from the activity...what a riot!
Piña Colada Salad

- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen non-alcoholic piña colada mix, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple-orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
Directions
- In a serving bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the piña colada mix, sugar, juice and extracts until sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
sounds good...!!! ...we are fruit lover , too
ReplyDeleteGott'a try this one....
Enjoy
happy (early) birthday to your eldest, Cindi! I hope he has a good day ahead of him; sounds fun with the bowling competition!! you'll have to let us know who takes it all, LOL!
ReplyDeletethat salad sounds delicious too; very refreshing for the hot summer days ahead
I think it is good to get checked out by doctors to catch a problem earlier than later (not saying there is any problem with your hubby) but us 50 year olds need to get a tune up to carry through for the years ahead (I'm sure he will do just fine :)
too funny about the cats!! always doing something to keep you on your toes indeed!
betty
So you have critters bothering you. I only have one and he is enough. As I have said before I always get hungry when I visit your blog.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try that recipe. It looks really, really good.
ReplyDeleteHave a good week.