Gardens, flowers ah heck,....





 I'm so jealous.  I do not have a green thumb.  These cute lil flowers are a result of me killing herbs.  Here's the story.

            Recently hubby heard me mumble something about I would love to have some fresh herbs when cooking.  A few days later he surprised me,  he came home with 3 plants.  Mint, Rosemary, and Basil.  I love having mint with my ice tea.  I was tickled to go purchase 3 cute pots, great potting soil.

Following the packing instructions given from the nursery, I then transferred the herbs to the cute pots.  I noticed a couple of leaves dropping a day of two later.  By the end of the first week multiple leaves have fallen, stems turning brown.  Overnight 3/4 of each plant brown, dry dead.  After 2 weeks in my care all dead.  I read the instructions.  Water once when I transfer.  It was like I poured arsenic all over them.  These were beautiful, thick, healthy plants.
 
This is not my first kill.  I had a beautiful 2' bamboo plant.  They grow in water!  All I had to do was keep water in the bowl. By the end of the third month, gone. A mushy mess. Remember the story of the bougainvillea bush.  They grow like weeds down here.  I killed it.  We transferred 3 Aloe Vera plants when we moved to our current home.  Hubby's selected one place.  I selected another location.  About a month in Hubby's aloe is spitting out babies.  Mine was on it's last leg, and all I did was choose it's location. Hubby relocated the plant, it is doing much better.

Anyway,  I had 3 cute lil pots with nothing inside them.  Again hubby and I go to the nursery.  We found this cute cedar barrel.  Select some plants. With my history, we agreed I do not feed, water, and barely look at them.  They're flourishing.  lol




So jealous, but happy we have cute plants!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I don't do well with plants either. Son gave me a nice plant for Mother's Day last year and I followed what I was supposed to do with it and it died. I think I do better with plastic or silk ones myself :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me 'n Betty are good. So you are in good company, I can kill the strongest of plants. My brother in law says 'YOu cannot kill Ivy', I will know in a week or so. LOL

    Nice planter though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA Sounds about like my kind of luck with plants too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.