Blueberries and honey....


Yesterday while out about running errands.  We went to one of the local farms.  I just love this little place.  It is decorated so cute.  I have mentioned it before.


They sell farm fresh eggs, jams, jellies, wines an assortment of Knick-knacks.  I go for the raw honey.  We heard to buy local raw honey building your immune system to combat allergies  and  hubby's asthma.  It has helped tremendously.  Common sense, I love that God has provided us with everything.  We just need to open our eyes. 



We had a pleasant surprise awaiting upon our arrival.  They were celebrating their 8 annual Blueberry festival.  What a blast.  They had a band playing blue grass, a local bbq vendor selling turkey legs, another vendor selling bird baths made from old coffee cups, glass plates or pie pans glued together.  We I went inside the little shed/shop to grab my honey.  On one table there was 40 or so brown lunch bags half full of fresh blueberries to purchase.  The display to the right fresh blueberry pies, and to the left blueberry wine, jellies etc.  So, I grab a little bit of everything, except the fresh pie.  We made our way outside to walk around the farm.  Tons of chickens, couple of roosters too.  I took eldest to see the goose in it's pen.  beside the goose was a pot belly pig.  Eldest has never seen a pig before.  The fence around the pen was only 3 foot high, thus he was able to pat the pig.  This made eldest & the pig very happy.  Next on our walk was the hen house.  A couple girls were inside laying eggs, Eldest yelled. "Jeesh, you gals make a lot of noise, hold it down in there".  Made me giggle.  I told him if he was laying eggs, he'd be yelling and making noise too. E'ldest replied, "I don't make eggs, what's wrong with you Ma? Oh, Jeesh!"

Fun day!  




3 comments:

  1. Does sound like a fun day!! Glad you guys seemed to enjoy yourselves too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something we would enjoy as well!!! Love all the fresh fruits and vegetables from this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the outing, especially the Eldest and the pig. Thanks for inviting us along for the ride. We had Blue berries in our Smoothies yesterday.
    Neat Post of an interesting place...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.